Center of Advanced RoboticsCopyright: © RWTH Stabsstelle Marketing
In the Center of Advanced Robotics, COAR for short, all research areas on stationary and mobile robotics are bundled beyond our research fields.
Hardware and test bench equipment as well as research on software, controls and grippers are taken into account.
Our core competencies
- Mechanism Theory and Kinematics
- Machine Dynamics and Vibration Technology
- Robotics and Mechatronics, Handling and Automation
Your partner in robotics and handling technology
- In-house development and integration
- Structure and dimension synthesis
- Control and regulation
- Motion and trajectory planning
- Human-robot collaboration and safety
Your Partner in Artificial Intelligence
- Fleet management and task planning
- Image recognition and processing
- Mobile autonomous systems
- Error modeling through Artificial Intelligence
Disaster CompanionCopyright: © Feuerwehr Krefeld
A driverless assistance system for operational situations
The project idea
- Robot carries material and equipment not directly needed by the attack squad, such as stretchers, axes and spare gas cylinders.
- Robot follows a specific person of the squad
- Robot can be parked to act as an advance material storage facility
- Goal: speeding up operations by picking up loads
- Dynamic person detection and tracking
- Efficient robot tracker
- Cognition under poor visibility conditions
Smart folding structuresCopyright: © IGMR
Advantages of folding
- Low transport dimensions with large set-up dimensions
- Optimal for temporary use
- Scalable and combinable
- Subsystems can be intelligently networked
- Perception of the environment by sensors: for example: load, water level and noise level.
- Opening and closing based on an activation function
Task planning for mixed teamsCopyright: © Mario Irrmischer
Taking advantage: The Mixed Team
- Consists of robots, humans and drones.
- Goal: Exploit advantages of humans and machines!
Agile task planning for complex scenarios
- Unknown set of tasks before deployment
- Agile planning of mixed team tasks during deployment.
- Human and drone can collect and determine tasks, human retains control
Radar localization and SLAMCopyright: © IGMR
Highly robust radar sensor technology
- Unaffected by dust and smoke
- Inference of materials possible
Localization in visibility-impaired environments
- Localization in process
- Robust against environmental influences
- Developed and tested in EU projects