Within the project "Cluster of Excellence - Internet of Production" the Institute of Mechanism Theory, Machine Dynamics and Robotics IGMR develops agile manipulation for robot systems, which are characterized by the sensor-based cooperation of several robots (Multi Agent Robotic System - MARS).
In an exciting development, we are combining the methods of artificial intelligence, to achieve the full autonomy of mobile manipulators in cooperation scenarios. To this end, different methods of machine learning of dynamic graph search algorithms shall be developed and implemented. All implementations and simulations can be done in Robot Operating System ROS. The developed model shall be validated with the help of the mobile manipulators available at the institute.
Bachelor- or Master Thesis
- Familiarization with the subject and analysis of the state of the art
- Implementation and (if necessary) further development of the algorithms
- Validation using the mobile manipulators available at the institute
- Documentation and presentation of the work
- Interest in the dynamic graph search algorithms and motion planning, cooperating robots and mobile manipulation
- Good knowledge of English for documentation
- Fun with programming, programming skills (desirable: C++ / Python)
- Good working atmosphere in a great team
- Personal and professional development